Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Was a Teenage Feminist

Cool event going on in my neighborhood today, which sadly I can't attend. But maybe someone else out there can, and can tell me about it!

Join filmmaker Therese Shechter as she takes a funny, moving and very personal journey into the heart of modern Feminism with her film, "I Was a Teenage Feminist." Armed with a video camera and an irreverent sense of humor, Therese talks with Feminist superstars, rowdy frat boys, liberated Cosmo girls and Radical Cheerleaders, all in her quest to find out whether Feminism can still be a source of personal and political power. With music by Ani DiFranco, Lavababy, Gina Young, Moxie Starpark and the legendary Helen Reddy,"I Was A Teenage Feminist" redefines the F Word for a new generation. If you, like me, can't be there, you can still click here to watch some clips from the film.

The Girls Project Film Series
Symphony Space
Sunday, November 4th
6:00 pm


2537 Broadway at 95th Street, New York. Click here for tickets and info

(Thanks to Lani--who is debutting her own film, Praying with Lior, in Boston today--for the heads up!)

No comments: