Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Speaking of Birthdays...

It's (gulp) mine this Friday. Yep, on February 15, 1969, a day that women on the coasts were busy protesting bridal fairs, my mother crossed the street to a Chicago hospital, braved a blizzard, and pushed me out. I *just* (kinda) made the sixties.

And now, I'm celebrating the beginning of the last year of my thirties by sharing some birthday love. I know both Democratic candidates are asking for money every day. I know this because I'm on both their email lists. But regardless, I'm putting a request out into the universe that anyone who feels inclined might consider a little donation to one of my favorite orgs, Girls Write Now. To send them a valentine of support, and totally make my day too, click here!

1 comment:

J. K. Gayle said...

Happy Birthday! (Girls Write Now should have a party too)