Monday, August 4, 2008

Girl Re-entering World, Slowly

It's my first day back and I'm still feeling as high as I felt when I was carried into the air on this chair!

Before anything, I wish to extend heartfelt thanks to everyone who kept GWP going while I was gone, and particularly Kristen, blog steward extraordinaire. The wedding was bliss, the honeymoon was delicious, and coming back to a blog in full swing was a gift like none other.

Going away gives one a sense of perspective and, upon return, I feel we've really created something here, this lil GWP community. I love the plethora of voices these past few weeks and would so hate to give that up. I LOVED the content our guest bloggers posted (and will be contacting you one by one to follow up and express more personal gratitude)!

Speaking of which, I feel us naturally evolving into more of a group forum -- possibly even a group blog. Do you agree? Please let me know what you think of the idea of turning GWP into a group blog in comments here -- and also if you would be interested in being considered as a regular contributing blogger (you can also email me at girlwpen@gmail.com)! And soon, I'll post a survey to get more of a sense of your feelings.

Meanwhile, a hearty welcome to new readers (traffic and subscription were both UP UP UP while I was away!!), and to you loyal standbys, thank you for being here!

I'm off to catch up on a thousand emails and will be back posting GWPish content tomorrow, but wanted to leave you with my gratitude -- which, as I learned while putting together a wedding toast to our guests, has been called by someone or other "happiness mixed with wonder." That's absolutely what I'm feeling right now, post-wedding/honeymoon high, and returning to a virtual community that has become so very meaningful to me and so very, very real.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Claire Mysko said...

BIG congrats, Deborah! Welcome back!

Veronica said...

Welcome back!!

Caroline said...

welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Nice to "see" you back.

And congrats by the way.

Group blogging is a nice format, imo.

Deborah Siegel said...

Thank you urbanartiste, Claire (AWESOME POSTS!!), V, and Caroline! You are totally sweet.

Unknown said...

Wow Amazing post really informative thanks for the great post.
Labaik Tours
Umrah Packages
Hajj Packages