Monday, August 25, 2008

Into the Woods...Not Easily

I'm so distracted I'm so distracted--this convention comes right in the middle of a week where I've sequestered myself at a writers' retreat (blessed event!) and I'm having the DARNDEST time focusing. Fortunately, or unfortunately, perhaps, there's wireless here.

Just as ya'll helped immensely when I was at the outlining stage the other week, I turn to you, dear GWP readers, once again: Does anyone have any tips for avoiding checking convention coverage every 3 seconds? If you've got em, I'd love to hear them.

4 comments:

Paul Raeburn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Raeburn said...

Having the same problem...but trying not to be burned out by the time we get to Michelle's keynote. So, I'm saving myself for that.

Deborah Siegel said...

Ok, so I think I'm going to try to MAKE myself not check coverage during the day but then give myself permission to binge tonight watch Michelle and everything they say about her. Good point Paul. I'm with you.

Anonymous said...

Try to remember that the convention will be recapped and analyzed to death every morning in something called the newspaper.