Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Almost Father's Day!


As much fun as I'm having over here, I hate it that geography and book tour are keeping me from being with Dadio (pictured left, with yours truly) on Father's Day this year. To ease my angst, I've been soaking up a bit of the bloggy goodness going on around Dad's Day this year as I get ready to hit the road. A few highlights:

With trademark savvyness, Cali Yost at Work + Life Fit blog reminds us work/life negotiations are an "everyone issue" and reports on a just-released Monster.com survey where 58% of fathers felt their employers should be more considerate of their needs as working dads, and a majority appreciate having a flexible work schedule.

Lovely piece via Women's eNews on the evolution of the father-daughter bond...

Interesting "resource kit" page for journalists covering same-sex parents, over at G.L.A.A.D.'s website, via Pseudo-Adrienne over at Liberal Feminist Bias...

Congrats to Feminist Dad on the birth of Edie Andrew, and kudos to him in general! I love this guy. You've gotta check it out...

And P.S. Heartfelt congratulations to Michael Heller on becoming a dad this week!

No comments: