Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On My Shelf: While Girls Go Mild, Women in their Prime Go Wild


So I'm in the middle of Wendy Shalit's Girls Gone Mild: Young Women Reclaim Self-Respect and Find It's Not Bad to Be Good. Watch for a review from me soon over on The American Prospect. I promise to do the kind of reading diary here on Girl with Pen that I did while reading Leslie Bennetts earlier this summer.

Once again, we cycle. I'm intrigued by Shalit's argument that there's now a "fourth wave" of feminists who feel alienated from the "third-wave" feminist "establishment". How cool that we're now an establishment, huh? Gee, that was fast. Eager to hear others' thoughts on the book and the issues she raises. So stay tuned....

And in the meantime, check out this book on the other end of the age:lust continuum -- Prime: Adventures and Advice on Sex, Love, and the Sensual Years, by the sizzling Pepper Schwartz!

No comments: