Friday, September 21, 2007

Girl with Too Many Books

I'm headed to Chicago tonight, and here's the stack of books I'm cramming into my carry-on:

Marci Alboher's One Person/Multiple Careers: How "The Slash Effect" Can Work for You - because I embrace the slash and Marci has a ton to teach me (and because Marci is EXCELLENT on "a new model for work/life success")

Naomi Wolf's The End of America: Letter to a Young Patriot - because I'm perpetually freaked by the direction our country seems headed

Susan Falud's, Stiffed - because I want to finally finish this one before I start her next

Barbara Ehrenreich's The Hearts of Men - because Lori said I should, and because Barbara never lets me down.

I had never met anyone who tries to bring more books than I do for a short weekend, until I met Marco. Haven't yet seen what he's bringing, but I'm betting it's more than four. I'm guessing neither of us gets much reading done, since we'll be busy repenting, eating brisket, and schmoozing with family. But the security of bringing books, anyway, runs deep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who brings way too many books on every trip I take! and that's not including the ones I acquire while I'm away. Happy reading! Lori