Friday, September 21, 2007

A Heartfelt Welcome to Girl Sailor!

Ok - last one, then I really have to hit the road. I'm just too jazzed not to share this. Remember Melinda Parrish (pictured), the Guest Scholar Blogger who posted a most excellent post here the other week, titled "Sex Does Not Define Us" ? After posting here, she got inspired to start her own blog! It's called Girl Sailor. As Melinda describes it, "I am a female Ensign on Active Duty in the US Navy, and these are my thoughts." Says Melinda, "I graduated in May from the United States Naval Academy. My time in the military has caused me to question how my role as an Officer and my identity as a postmodern woman should coincide." She begins the blog with an INCREDIBLE manifesto, called "The F-Word," which I cannot wait to finish reading when I get off the plane.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Melinda. I absolutely can't wait to read your thoughts.

No comments: