Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Must the Hillary Doll be Clothing Optional?

Now I know the good folks of Ratify ERA Florida are well intentioned. But the description of this "Hillary" doll that appears on their website is a bit...much:
This is the exclusive, celebrated President doll with the shirt that thrills us all, seen enlarged. You will not find “Hillary” anywhere else. She is 15 inches tall, finely-made, soft and completely undressable.

Meanwhile, the not-so-good folks at Walmart had a different objection:
“Hillary” announces that "Someday a Woman will be President" on her shirt that Wal-Mart banned from its shelves. They claim that having a woman in the White House "is against 'Family Values' ". We think it is most timely and just perfect.
Yeah, ok, I'll give it to them there.

4 comments:

PunditMom said...

You are kidding about Wal-Mart, right? I hope?

Deborah Siegel said...

Yeah, I think it's a joke. But one never knows...

Uncle Dizzy said...

As I approach my 61st birthday, I am astounded, surprised and, frankly, quite humbled to even be able to say: "That's my niece!" I just rambled through your blog---I especially liked the blog about the Hilary doll and the comment from Walmart. Considering how Sam Walton moved into small towns and completely devastated the "mom/pop" local businesses and thoroughly destroyed the opportunities for women to be empowered as business owners and community leaders, the powers that be at Walmart are truly a bunch of hypocrites! I didn't know that, in order to be President of the United States, testicles were a prerequisite! I wonder, could Walmart supply them at a reasonably discounted price, and how quickly would they be moving off the shelves? And would they be segregated or marketed by race, as well? Would African American women be able to buy Caucasian and vice versa? Would that possibly change the direction of African American families? How ridiculous of Walmart to make a judgment about "family values" when they, themselves, have done so much to destroy them!

Anonymous said...

情趣用品,跳蛋
情境坊歡愉用品
,跳蛋
情惑用品性易購
,跳蛋情人性易購,按摩棒
,情惑用品性易購,跳蛋,按摩棒,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊聊天.情人視訊網,免費視訊聊天室,視訊美女,辣妹視訊,聊天室,聊天室交友,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室