Monday, October 15, 2007

Er, I Like Mixing It Up...

So the current issue of On Campus with Women --an online publication of the American Association of Colleges and Universities--focuses on "Women on the Web." It includes an article on Facebook Feminism by Kathy Fischer, one called "Women Harnessing the Power of Internet Publishing" by Genevieve Brown, an essay on"Academic Blogging as Intercultural Exchange", and a personal essay by moi, which begins:

Technological innovation can transform a culture, but it can also transform a career. It did mine. When I started out as a PhD student in English and American Literature at the University of Wisconsin--Madison, I could hardly imagine that fourteen years later I’d be calling myself “Girl with Pen” in public, living in New York City, and writing for The Guardian. That pen, really, is a keyboard. But I like mixing it up....
Read more

No comments: