Monday, December 10, 2007

Shameless Plug Alert: Sisterhood, Interrupted a Top Seller!

Yesterday I learned that Sisterhood, Interrupted: From Radical Women to Grrls Gone Wild has been named one of the top 20 best sellers in sociology for 2007!

For the record, I am not a trained sociologist but happy to have written a book that is categorized as such. My doctorate is in literature/cultural studies, but disciplines blur these days, and categories do, it seems, too.

Also, I'm booking up for Women's History Month (March 2008). Bring me to your campus, company, or organization! I love to yap about the book, and talks spawn the kind of intergenerational dialogue I (and many others, I know) crave, so I'm very, very excited and feel quite fortunate to be on the speaking circuit this year.

To book me, please email Taryn Kutujian at taryn.kutujian@gmail.com. (And for the academics among you, as a member of the academic community, you are entitled to a free desk copy, to encourage you to consider adopting the book in your course! If interested, again, please contact Taryn.)

And borrowing a tactic from my fave blog feministing, please share your own shameless plugs in comments. I'd love to hear.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations Debbie! That's amazing and totally deserved! Whooo-hoooo!

Deborah Siegel said...

Thanks, C! xoxo

Marjorie said...

That'w wonderful!! Congratulations!

Cheers,
Marjorie

Deborah Siegel said...

Aw, thanks, M!