Friday, March 21, 2008

New Coffeetable Book on Women's History

When I came home from Michigan this week, a beautiful book--a gift from a publisher in hope of a review--awaited me, to my surprise. It's called HER STORY: A Timeline of the Women Who Changed America, by Charlotte S. Waisman and Jill S. Tietjen, and it's coming out in April. A rockin Mother's Day gift for sure.

An illustrated timeline featuring the lives of almost 900 women, with color photos and brief summaries highlighting their achievements, the book highlights women you expect and women you don't. "Sometimes we chose a woman because her influence and values touched a great number of people; sometimes we picked her because of the reverberations of her accomplishment." Madeleine Albright wrote the foreword. Thank you, HarperCollins, for sending. I covet this book. I tell you, blogging has its perks.

No comments: