Wednesday, March 26, 2008

TOUR NOTES: New School on Thursday!

I'm telling ya, I'm in intergenerational feminist heaven this month. For those of you in NYC looking for a way to honor Women's History Month, I hope you'll consider coming out for this one, here at my home base!

Feminist Generations/Feminist Locations: The Continuing Vitality of Feminist Thought and Action

THURSDAY, MARCH 27, 2008
New School for Social Research
66 WEST 12TH ST., ROOM 407
6:30-8 PM

Quick recap: I'll be joining Ai-Jen Poo (Domestic Workers United), Meredith Tax (a founder of Bread & Roses - 1969), Cleopatra Lamothe (Women of Color Collective, Lang College), and Erica Reade (Moxie, Lang College Feminist Club), and Ann Snitow, coeditor of The Feminist Memoir Project and a founder of New York Radical Feminists -- the group that brought us the Miss America Protest that put women's liberation on the map, and so much more. The panel, will take on the state of feminism across generations. Joining me will be:

For more info, please contact Soraya Field Fiorio, fiors393@newschool.edu.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Hey, it's Suzanne from the panel discussion. I was very glad to have met you. That was a GREAT, diverse panel, too... Plus Meredith Tax pretty much says the darndest things...