Friday, August 29, 2008

COMING SOON: McCain's Veep

A guest post coming your way soon on McCain's odd choice. In the meantime, some links that have come my way:

Joan Walsh, "What Sarah Palin Means"
Gail Collins, "McCain's Baked Alaska"
Kristen Powers, "A Brilliant Trap Makes the Dems the Male Chauvinists"
Jonathan Alter, "Why McCain's Veep Choice Is Likely to Flop"
Women's Media Center
Gotham Girl

On other fronts, I'll be offline for a bit. My other grandmother died last night. She was always in the know on all things political and pundit-ish and I often looked to her opinion to get a gauge on the world. For many other reasons, I will miss her very, very much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Take care of yourself.

smilla's simple life said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, too. Be well.

Deborah Siegel said...

Thank you so much for your wishes.

Unknown said...

Sorry about Buppy! Very sad. Am thinking of you.

Deborah Siegel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah Siegel said...

Thank you Cathy - I know you knew her. Though I think you meant Bubbe :) xoxo

Unknown said...

That's as far as my Yiddish goes, I'm afraid. But I do remember her line about (with apologies in advance for the spelling "gezuntah polkes" and I whip it out where appropriate! What a spirit.

David said...

This article is very sad news about your grandmother pass away. I know you missing your grandmother. Now it's time to get interior demolition for more information.