Tuesday, August 19, 2008

INTRODUCING: A New Blog About Fathers

I was SO sad to hear that the organization Dads and Daughters had to fold its tent this month due to lack of funds. I add my voice to the chorus of women sending shout outs to the folks behind DADs for their wonderful work these past 10 years.

One door closes, another creaks open. I'm excited to share a new blog by a member of my writers group, Paul Raeburn (left), over at Psychology Today. It's called "About Fathers". Paul also blogs at Fathers and Families, and he culls from the latest research and writes Very Smart Things about the importance of fathers and how fathers affect children's development. Paul's a journalist and the author of "Acquainted with the Night," a memoir of raising children with bipolar disorder and depression, and a new father himself. I encourage GWP readers to visit and comment and check him out.

No comments: