Tuesday, April 8, 2008

EVENT: Kids Read in Bryant Park May 18

I've posted here before about my friend Rebecca Segall's amazing venture Writopia Lab and just wanted to share a quick update for those of you in NYC. Her young (middle and high schooler) writers have been arduously developing short stories, memoirs, op-eds, scripts, and poetry over the past six months and will be sharing them in Bryant Park on Sunday, May 18th, from noon to 3:00pm! One of her writers will be guest posting here on GWP soon, and I can't wait to share her voice with you all. And mongo congrats to Rebecca, who was just awarded Scholastic's Golden Apple Teacher Award for "submitting the most outstanding group of submissions on the national level" in the Scholastic Art & Writing event. I just learned she was also nominated by students and selected to be entered into the 11th Edition of Who's Who Among American Teachers. I'm so proud of my friend, I could just burst.

No comments: