Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh How I Hate Ohio...?

That was a line my classmates at the University of Michigan used to throw around -- though I think it went "Oh How I Hate Ohio State." Not that I ever cared much about football (sorry Wolverines). But this just in from Nancy Polikoff is making me hate Ohio this morning indeed. Writes Nancy:

Ohio will vote on a paid sick leave initiative that doesn’t recognize unmarried partners, let alone the full range of people’s relationships. Given that there is an excellent model out there in the rules for federal employees right now and the proposed federal Healthy Families Act, it is not utopian to imagine something much better than what the Ohio folks are asking for.

Read more over at Nancy's blog, Beyond Gay and Straight Marriage. And ok, Ohioans (Sam?!): defend yourselves.

No comments: