Monday, June 23, 2008

Blog U: An Introduction

Hey, GWP readers! This is new guest blogger, Elizabeth M. Curtis here. Loyal GWP readers might remember my previous posts that provided cultural critique and gender analysis. Well, now I'm returning to GWP - as a regular like Courtney Martin and Laura Mazer - to talk about blogging and you.

Many folks want to get more active online and make web 2.0 tools work for them, their writing, their institutions or organizations, and their causes. But sometimes a lack of tech know-how gets in the way. So, I'll be sharing the secrets of online activism and the blogosphere that I've learned since I started blogging way back in 2006 (ages ago in online time!). My goal is to break down the blogging basics and to demystify web 2.0 technology for the folks who can't wait to get active online, in the blogosphere, and beyond. A "Blog U," if you will.

My first two tutorials offered to "Blog U" students will focus on getting active online and deciding whether or not you're blog-ready. I'm looking for future tutorial topics as well. Let me know what you're interested in exploring in the comments section or email me your queries.

Also, I'll be cross-posting my "Blog U" posts on my own blog. Stop by for PDFs of "Blog U" material. Next post coming in just a few days...Stay tuned.

Crossposted.

No comments: